Ticking Down Teaser Ticking Down Teaser

if there was an ambient sound behind the ticking at the beginning i would have had more patience for it and maybe even began to enjoy it if I was in the right mindstate. A very smart person once said layers are your friend, and I think you yourself know that you need more going on in this song for it to be captivating. I personally enjoy the dissonant and harsh sounds of the ticking, but generally, people want a sound that is smoother and cleaner. The more in depth you get into the process of utilizing your DAW, instruments, or whatever you are using to make, manipulate, and arrange sound with, the better your outcome will be and the more confident you will feel about what came out. This doesn't just apply to music, or animation, or something creative, it applies to everything. spend time with your tools, and with the exercise and process of creating, and you will be more comfortable and create better sounds.

I was going to give this just one star. When I heard the rapid arrangement of sounds at the end, I felt that it deserved another half a star because that actually did pique my fancy a little bit. I think this would be excellent video game music just the way it is. This song is not essentially, or inherently bad. Your perspective is the reason I am rating you low, because you know you wanted a finished audio product with more work and more depth of sound put into it, and it is obvious. I commend you for being honest with how awful you feel about your work, but you shouldn't feel awful because that feeling will get in the way of your success.

Like I said, if this was part of a flash game, and the flash game was really good, and the pacing mechanics and theme of the game was matched very well by this audio track, it could fit and deserve 5 stars if it was a 5 star game. different things fit in different places.

BillPlayz responds:

Ok. I'll try to add layers, I'd like it if you could rate the finishing song :)

Fake Drum Rush Fake Drum Rush

this really made me feel about the feeling u get when u dont know ur place on earth and everything is a mystery and shit is just getting twilight zoney. like fuck man, what if we're all just dolls in a box.

good mystery atmospheric

HarraH responds:

lmao yeah i was lost

Song 2 of 8 Song 2 of 8

i had to put my volume all the way to like 70 which i usually keep at like 15, and i can generally hear anything i need to.... the recording quality is shit.... but guess what kid, i like lofi, its my thing, that fuzz is the answer, that fuzzy distortion it is god... ok im being over the top... you should record closer to the mic but I don't want to ignore all of the great fuzz and background hiss, which reminds me of the eternal unpleasant nature that comes with existence, even though at our greatest moments it is sometimes pretty small and un noticable.

I feel like the riffing was pretty cool, but not really my personal choice of riffs, im a little more oldschool maybe, it sounds too much like avenged sevenfold for me. around 2:19 theres an overlapping kind of distortion that the guitar makes that sounded way cooler than any other noise it made.

im gonna guess that 4cat is right about tuning your guitar, i wouldnt know, im a tone deaf musical illiterate idiot.... but it couldn't hurt to try to see if you can make it sound better, that's always true for anything

I'm gonna give this 2.5 stars, it's pretty simple and the execution is kinda mucked up--because if 4cats review hadn't mentioned that the recording levels were mixed up, i would have literally heard nothing and assumed there was something wrong with the player or the file and moved on after a few seconds--but after turning it up i did see there was some substance there and it brought me back a bit to my teen days of lofi recording obsession and having a friend who played tons of avenged sevenfold and greenday shit on guitar.

Boss Baby 3: From Bossy 2 Saucy Boss Baby 3: From Bossy 2 Saucy

4cat really knows boss, this beat really knows how to show the gloss. I think it's flossin' his technical skill. this beat is like a love injection into my fishman gills. god damn the vocal layering is mad sick nasty, I'm a fan instantly, i need to bump it in my caddy, while I watch the movie boss baby. On a portable dvd player, I'd like this beat on CD or cassette for a more magnetic flavor.

Lmao at fishman gills

500 Chaos Emeralds!! LOL 500 Chaos Emeralds!! LOL

damn 4cats format is like an intense cybertronic colonic for my ballsack. this beat made me shoot out all that, and this, the bass is smooth and creamy with a tight and in pocket resonance. dont ask me why i would think a frequency would have a rhythmic perfection, i cant fuckin explain it. my musical detection remains still the best since this track is so hot and I can not refrain from saying it. I just might walk 500 miles to bust a nut whoops I mean verse on a 4cat track. shoot some hoops at the basketball court in the back, maybe we can ghost whip a cadillac in reverse on a hill doin' whippits with bill clinton backflipping and smoking twenty sacs.

F L A M E S

Goosebumps (Genesis remix) Goosebumps (Genesis remix)

damn son. this beat makes me want to beat my meat. in a not weird way, my G, u feel me? I bet you could sell these beats to dudes who make sonic games, or soundtrack it to get johnson and johnson commercial airplay. this track steady getting me high, like an airplane. I think if spooky ghosts and demons followed you, playing this would have them scared away.

HELL yeah

WiP drowning piss WiP drowning piss

this shit reminds me of earthbounds OST mixed with some sort of adventure game from the 2000s as well as cartoons from that time period--soaked in some sort of progressive psych rock.

uh, uh, uh call me robo neo geo, got my bitch in future subterranean under dome. UFO crash test, pilots revise the engineer schematics, this funky tune got me rappin, fast forward the backwards footage of apple sauce being poured out, the review was nice at first i bet y'alls bored now, this song took thematic styles walls and tore them down, i bet you this dudes on tour right now, and owns a farm with like 30 k and 4 cows with milk sales shore to shore coastal clout

funkmeisterfish responds:

thankyu for the beautiful review

The Conspiracy The Conspiracy

this song is so amazing. the verse is ill and super fire. i lit my cigar with this music, for seriously bro. I smoked the whole big cigar to this. the rhymes bring a punch at the end of every line with both verses. the idea of a conspiracy about returning to the audio portal was a great into concept. the end of the song did really reminded me that all i deserve is to eat your ass since i am bad at life. damn. this is some reality rap shit

Boss Bicch Ballroom Zone 1 Act 2 Boss Bicch Ballroom Zone 1 Act 2

the whistley air bell synths are so next level man. the riffs have a crunchy texture to their soul when my inner ear devours them whole. the jivey melodies hit the theme right on the spot. Rock bands around the world should play this for 40 minute jams at large events

4cat responds:

Damn are you about to bust my dude??

Thanks for the revvy (review)

Dragon Slayer Boss Fart Shit I Don't Know Dragon Slayer Boss Fart Shit I Don't Know

I love this a lot heres my fire keystyle to it U ready here we go ;

Uh I'm the Boss, yeah like a credit card between the butt cheeks I Floss my Guady Gloss
this keyboard freestyle sucks, this beat is dope, If I took a loss the beat didn't though, yo

Wow You Are a Real Rapper Man